>> Saturday, February 7, 2009
I have been tagged a few times for this so here it goes. I will try not to repeat anything from previous ones.
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. Please do it even if I didn't tag you!!
1. I am a very intensive deep-thinker. I find joy in deep conversations and love learning where people's hearts are. Yeah...I guess it can be irritating sometimes but there is so much to be learned simply by listening.
2. I have heart for Africa. I can't really explain why but I do. One of these days I would love to go on a missions trip there. My church is taking a Work and Witness trip there this summer and prayerfully I will get to attend but we will see what God has planned for me.
3. Someone (I will mention no names) wrote in my yearbook while growing up that I was cool because we had the same name. I have always held onto that thought that people only think I am cool because they have something in common with me. It can sometimes overwhelm me and stress me out to no end.
4. I will be a life-long learner. There is always something to be learned through-out life and I haven't even made a dent yet.
5. I want to be a woman that people look at and see God shining through. I have no desire to be a shining star - I would perfer to be a moon that reflects the Son's glory!!!
6. My passion for writing wasn't birthed until my freshman year in high school. My English teacher during that year inspired and encouraged me to write. Now it is one of my stress relievers and I am so thankful that God has given me the gift of being able to express myself that way.
7. I am really sad to have never met Mama Kay's dad. From what I have heard about him, he was awesome!
8. I love music. It is my passion! I miss being a music major and I wish that I wouldn't have lost my hearing and lost my confidence because of it. I hope to one day be able to sing like I did a few years ago but until then I will stick to my quest to learn how to play the piano and cello.
9. I am addicted to online networking. I love reconnecting with people that I haven't seen in so long and even those I just met. :) It is awesome what technology can do.
10. I miss the simplicity of my younger years. I wish I could just enjoy that time again.
11. I almost love being sore after working out. It reminds me that I have worked hard and that my body is getting stronger.
12. I love how God finds just the right way to speak to me at any particular moment. There is nothing like falling to my knees and knowing that His still voice is speaking volumes to my heart.
13. I am not a fan of shopping for clothes. I have a really hard time fitting my body shape so I tend to stick to jeans and t-shirts.
14. When my mom found out that she was pregnant with me, she asked my biological father if he wanted to look at names. He said something along the lines of "You will have a girl, she will have brown hair, green eyes and her name will be Whitney." Well...tada! Here I am! :)
15. Believe it or not, I am shy.
16. One of my favorite memories from my time at Ouachita was when three AMAZING girls sang one of my favorite Point of Grace songs. :)
17. I am a fan of lists. I make lists for all sorts of things...I guess it can be slightly irritating to others.
18. When I get married, I am going to be rocking Converse! I refuse to wear high heels.
19. To be completely honest, I am okay with how I look. I enjoy getting up in the morning, not worrying about make-up or anything like that. I rock my jeans and t-shirts and enjoy it. I do enjoy getting dressed up and don't mind it sometimes but I think that God has created me perfectly. :)
20. I feel like I tend to be an embarrassment to myself and that people think that I am some sort of freak.
21. I think I try to hard to fit in. I still struggle with feeling like I am the one on the outside.
22. I make cakes for my friends and am thinking about one day getting a degree in that area. I love the joy on people's faces when they see the cakes. It makes me happy!
23. For me, there is no subsitute for a good evening with a good friend watching one of the best shows on the face of the Earth...Boy Meets World. I love you Em!!
24. I am the first person in my family in almost 5 generations to have green eyes.
25. It has taken me almost 2 weeks to complete this. Ahhh!!